Saturday, September 22, 2022 – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Veterans Memorial Park
35 Ocean Road
Narragansett, Rhode Island
ARE YOU READY TO COMPETE?
It’s that time of year again as planning is in motion for our 5th Annual State-Wide Rhode Island Calamari Festival! This festival has now grown to be one of Narragansett’s biggest events, serving over 2,000 lbs. of calamari while drawing in over 4,000+ people from all across Southern New England.
Last year, the Rhode Island Calamari Festival had live media coverage, was featured on all our local television stations, on the radio, in print and on social media sites. This year we will even have a spot in Narragansett Park and Recreation’s Summer and Fall brochure! The exposure to the event will take place all summer long to include our VERY brisk walk-in Chamber traffic.
So…Are you looking to increase your business visibility locally and throughout Southern New England at a great value? This is a sure way! Don’t wait to take advantage of this opportunity to reach thousands of people and possibly win “Best Overall,” “Most Original” or “Most Spirited Team” Award.
This Festival commemorates the anniversary of the bill that was signed in Narragansett that named Calamari as the State’s Official Appetizer and celebrates our tradition of high quality, fresh seafood in RI. Held rain or shine, and It features a calamari cook-off, a vendor market place, food trucks, activities for the kids, live entertainment and good old fashion fun! It is so memorable that patrons come year after year.
The Cook-Off Competition will be held from 12 – 4 p.m. Here are the details:
- Fee of 150.00 payable to Narragansett Chamber of Commerce
- All of the squid and ice will be generously provided for our contestants by our partners, Town Dock, Seafresh and Seafreeze.
- Propane will be provided by Phil’s Propane.
- The Chamber will provide 2- 8’ tables, 2 oz sample cups, cocktail forks, and cocktail napkins per restaurant.
- Each contestant will receive 200 lbs. of squid, so please plan on using your 2 oz tasting cups wisely and for maximum impact when planning your appetizer (for consistency, the tasting cups that we provide must be used. No other containers are allowed).
- Bring everything that you will need to cook and prepare your special spin on calamari, any décor you wish to use to set up your booth, and all the staff necessary to prep, cook, and serve your food. We encourage you to have additional serving staff on hand to bring trays filled with their samples into the crowd.
On behalf of the entire Calamari Festival Team, THANK YOU for your support.