We are to here to support
Restaurant Revitalization Fund
Registration for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) will begin Friday, April 30 at 9 a.m. EDT and SBA will begin accepting applications via the application portal on Monday, May 3 at 12 p.m. EDT. The application portal will remain open to any eligible establishment until all funds are exhausted.
For more information, read the press release here.
How to prepare.
In preparation, qualifying applicants should familiarize themselves with the application process in advance to ensure a smooth and efficient application. Follow the steps below.
- Register for an account in advance at restaurants.sba.gov starting Friday, April 30 at 9 a.m. EDT. If you are working with Square or Toast, you do not need to register beforehand on the application portal.
- Review the sample application, program guide and cross-program eligibility chart on SBA COVID-19 relief options.
- Attend one of the webinar trainings listed below. These will be recorded and later posted on SBA’s YouTube channel. We will share the recording links via email and on SBA’s social media channels.
For more information, visit sba.gov/restaurants.
The SBA Rhode Island District Office and their partners (the RI Small Business Development Center, SCORE, the Center for Women & Enterprise, and the Veterans Business Outreach Center), have put together an extensive amount of training and have business experts ready to assist. The webinars can be found below under ScoreRI Resources.
Below is important information about the RestoreRI grant program [commerceri.com]! To date, they have distributed more than $4 million in grant funding- but there are still funds available!
Here are the basics about the RestoreRI small business grant program: [commerceri.com]
- This program is targeting some of the hardest hit industries here in Rhode Island, including retail, restaurants, and salons. Additional eligibility information can be found here [commerceri.com].
- Eligible businesses who have 1-20 employees, or any restaurant or caterer, may apply for up to $15,000 in grant funding.
- Businesses must demonstrate a revenue loss of at least 30-50% or more in any month from March-July 2020, depending on their industry.
We are happy to be able to directly supply PPE equipment to our member businesses. To apply for yours now, please click on the form below. Once you have completed the form, please print out and call the chamber at 401-783-7121 to schedule your pick up appointment at our offices. It’s important you leave a message with your name and call back number if you are not immediately connected with our staff.
You will need to bring this completed form with you to verify your information before receiving your equipment.
Reopening Rhode Island
- This website will help provide crucial information on the reopening of the state, where your business falls within the Phases, and information about the available PPE equipment.
Paycheck Protection Program
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application and guidelines are now available. If you received a PPP loan, you can complete the application and submit it to your lender. You may also be able to submit the application electronically through your lender.
SCORE RI Resources
Let SCORE Help You with the “Nuts and Bolts” of Reopening your Business In this second ReStart RI seminar, we will provide actionable advice to questions on the “nuts and bolts” of reopening your business.
Each Thursday at 1:00pm, they assemble an expert panel on relevant, practical topics that will help small businesses navigate the reopening. Join them each week to learn how SCORE RI can help your small business during this dynamic and often confusing time. This web-based interactive workshop will focus on the thorny issues small businesses are facing in getting restarted. Several experienced professionals will answer your questions live on issues such as:
- Pre-opening communications and winning back customers
- Ensuring the health & safety of both employees and customers
- How to procure required cleaning and safety products
- Understanding short-term revenue, cost, and cash flow implications
- The RI Small Business Development Center is also offering virtual business advising with their expert business counselors at no cost. RISBDC clients, reach out to your advisor with questions or concerns. If you are not yet a client, you may register for counseling. Call with questions at 401-874-7232
Rhode Island Superior Court COVID-19 Business Recovery Program
Below, you will find information regarding the Rhode Island Superior Court COVID-19 Business Recovery Program, which is designed to assist businesses disrupted by the COVID-19 crisis.